There can be a tendency to go the extreme opposite when a negative result is experienced, in this case, fats have been continually ingrained in our psyche as the cause of heart disease, or excessive weight gain. When reality is, certain fats, specifically, those that have been altered chemically, are the fats we need to go "cold-turkey" on.
Read my article: Are Hydrogenated Fats Giving Fats A Bad Name?
This becomes a problem, health wise, as we miss out on essential fats that our bodies need to be at it's best operating capacity. EFA - Essential Fatty Acids, specifically Omega-3 DHA is not produced by the body and must be supplemented in our diets. When our food becomes so industrialized, finding a natural source to supply this need becomes vital, especially so for gestating and lactating mothers. Did you know, that pregnant women in the US have the third lowest levels of DHA in the world? It speaks to the sad state of affairs of what we consider to be "food".
WHAT IS DHA?
DHA (Docosahexaenoic) is the primary essential fatty acid in the gray matter of the brain, so it makes perfect sense that pregnant and breast feeding moms need to ensure they keep their levels of DHA up. DHA assists in these very important functions:
- Proper development of the eyes, brain and nervous system
- Promotes mood and nerve support
- Supports healthy immune system development
- Used to make breast milk
- Purity - ensures safety
- Freshness - for efficacy (oils should not smell or taste fishy, which is indicative of rancidity)
- Dosage - Higher quality oils will be more concentrated, thus less is needed
- Sustainable Fishing Practices - transparency in fishing practices
AVAILABLE ONLY ON THEOLIVEPARENT
For the month of December (12/1 ~ 12/31), you can purchase Prenatal DHA for 15% off the regular price. Use the promo code: OLIVE when making your purchase at the shopping cart.