***NEW*** THE EE BREASTFEEDER FORUM - Private community support for the mom whose healthy, vibrant toddler's exclusive and extensive preferential nourishment is mother's milk. Information found at the end of this article. ***
As a mother of seven children, there is one thing I can say very confidently. All children are different. Each one has different needs. I breastfeed all of my children exclusive up to a year and then extensively until 18 to 24 months. I remember when I decided it was time to incorporate solids into my first born's meal. Quite simply, she couldn't seem to get enough milk and my body was taxed because of it. Accepting solids into her diet was smooth and easy. There was no fussing, no fighting, I knew she (as well as myself) was ready for the change.
- Second-year milk is similar to first-year milk nutritionally.
- Breast Milk continues to be a good source of protein, fat, calcium and vitamins in its second year.
- Immunities in breast milk are known to increase in concentration as babies get older.
- Long-term breast feeding can prevent allergies
- Breast milk is 88 percent water
- Saves money (no specific food items to add to my shopping list!)
- Breast milk is a renewable, sustainable resource!
- Breast milk is hygienic