Vine.com is a site newly launched by Amazon just for green customers! What makes this site cool is that it doesn't accept any "green" product. Products need to meet their standards of green. Here's their philosophy:
There is no single way to define what it means to be "green." So what is it that makes our products "green"? At Vine.com, we define a "green" product as one that, based on our review described below, is made with healthy, environmentally sound ingredients and materials — a product that, at its core, is better for you and better for the planet.
Before we qualify a product as "green", we review the product description provided by the vendor to check that materials and ingredients are organic, natural or made mostly from sustainable materials. Products that otherwise contribute to a healthy home because they are energy efficient, water efficient, reusable, remove toxins or use renewable energy also qualify for the site.
Qualifying products must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Made from Sustainable Materials: These products are made with at least 50% materials that are rapidly renewable, responsibly harvested or require no new raw materials in their manufacture. Examples include bamboo, cork, wool, soy, hemp, organic cotton, corn-based plastic, sustainably harvested wood or recycled, reclaimed, reused or upcycled materials.
- Energy Efficient: These products are either ENERGY STAR qualified or specifically designed to promote energy conservation. ENERGY STAR products use 10 to 50% less energy than non-rated products.
- Grocery Products & Nutritional Supplements: These products are made primarily of natural ingredients with minimal processing. Natural ingredients are extracted directly from plants or animals as opposed to being made synthetically. In addition, these products do not contain any substances on our Banned Ingredients List.
- Personal Care, Beauty, Cleaning & Baby Care Products: These products are made primarily of plant-based, naturally-derived and non-petroleum ingredients, pure essential oils and gentle preservatives. They do not contain any substances on ourBanned Ingredients List.
- Organic: These products are certified USDA Organic or made with at least 95% organic ingredients or materials, meaning, they are produced without synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, antibiotics, hormones, GMOs or radiation.
You can shop for products by “Fair-Trade”, Cruelty-Free, Made in USA and B Corporations.
Certified B Corporations are corporations that meet strong environmental, social and transparency standards.
Don’t forget to enter into my latest giveaway by Organix South. Organix South is not a certified B Corporation, but certainly practices B Corporation principles. It’s a great company that makes wonderful and effective natural and organic products. Read more about them here. Enter to win a jar of Organic Neem Body Butter
More organic giveaways on TOP!
Win the complete line of ONE WORLD organic lip balms by Eco Lips! Ends 11/1/12 midnight